Under the overall supervision of the National Associate Movement Operations Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Operations Assistant (Movements/Data Processing), the successful candidate will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative support to IOM Algeria operations team.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Record demographic and biographic information in MiMOSA upon receipt of the request for travel while confirming receipt to third parties, such as an embassy or Resettlement Support Center (RSC). Notify the Senior Operations Assistant (Movements/Data Processing) of the receipt of new requests for travel assistance.
- Secure, and account for travel documents in accordance with the local Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Ensure secure storage of documentation and data in accordance with IOM principles and guidelines while guaranteeing limited access to physical files.
- Process exit permits in close coordination with supervisors and other IOM colleagues and relevant authorities.
- Ensure the issuance and timely dispatch of travel documents with Operations colleagues, from booking notifications to logistical assistance with exit processes closely coordinated.
- Prepare already documentation for transfer to Field Support colleagues in collaboration and coordination with supervisors while ensuring the travel bag has all necessary documentation to depart the country.
- Prepare reports as requested on the receipt of documentation to time of service delivery; inform supervisors on possible issues which need attention and suggest corrective actions. Report any problems encountered like denials of exit permits, reasons for such denials and possible solutions.
- Assist in preparing regular data mining reports in order to ensure that MiMOSA is up-to-date, accurate and maintains the integrity of relevant Movement Operations projects.
- Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to the Senior Operations Assistant (Movements/Data Processing) and keep supervisors immediately informed of any issues that arise.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs and Movements-related systems and databases, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA.)
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert Senior Operations Assistant (Movements/Data Processing) or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed secondary high school education required and five years of relevant working experience; three years of working experience with a bachelor’s degree;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint.
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage.
- Prior Movement Operations or transportation experience is a strong advantage
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates or candidates holding the Algerian residence and valid working permit are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com by 1 August 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement SVN/2022/006
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed (resume and cover letter)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 19.07.2022 to 01.08.2022