In the frame of the activities of the LEAP-RE programme, specific activities of the Pillar 3 dedicated to the program coordination and a set of engagement and strategic activities; and Pillar 2 in which the Pan African University Institute for Water and Energy Sciences – PAUWES in collaboration with a consortium of fourteen institution partners from higher education and the private sectors in Africa and Europe, is implementing a research and innovation project: The Sustainable Energy Transition and Digitalization of Smart Mini-Grids for Africa (SETADISMA).
The vacancy seeks to recruit a Project Coordinator at PAUWES who will be responsible for the coordination of PAUWES contribution to the overall LEAP-RE programme coordination and the SETADISMA project.
PhD degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum of five (5) years of working experience in a relevant field, preferably in an international and multi-cultural environment in higher education
- Research experience in the field of mini-grid in the African context.
- Experience in the nexus Digital technologies and the mini-grid respectively smart grid would be an asset.
- Experience in Smart Grid Innovation and Entrepreneurial ecosystem in Africa will be an asset
- Experience in fundraising for research projects from national, regional and international donors
- Excellent skills in writing applications for research grants;
- Experience in writing research reports, grant proposals and publications to international standard
- Previous experience in teaching at MSc-level, including the supervision of MSc- and/or PhD theses;
- Ability to negotiate with partners and funding institutions;
- Proven experience of successful project management in the context of development cooperation/science-policy interface and in coordinating with a broad range of actors;
- Experience of working in a research team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French
- Ability to work independently and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds across different physical locations
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Interested applicants should submit their applications,via email firstname.lastname@example.org and must include the following:
- A cover letter stating how the applicant’s qualifications and experience match the requirements of the position
- A Curriculum vitae
- Contact information of three (3) referees. Please use “Project Coordinator –LEAP-RE” as the subject of the email and merge all application files in a single PDF file named using the following format: [LAST_NAME]_2021_SETADISMA_PC
Kindly note that the initial deadline of 31 December 2021 for the submission of applications has been postponed to 20th February 2022.
Direct link to the vacancy announcement